After running Applewood Inn and Llama Trekking for 23 years , Chris and Linda are entering a new phase of innkeeping, now offering the Applewood Cottage and Llamas vacation rental. The Blue Ridge Room will be available as B&B for past guests by phone reservation only.
Applewood Cottage, a Lexington Virginia lodging, was completed in December 2009, originally as an energy efficient, easy access, single story home for our 90 year old mother with mobility issues. It is a passive solar design with skylights, solar tubes and largely tile floors and huge porches.
The setting is pastoral at the end of a hollow above Buffalo Creek in the south western Shenandoah Valley, between Lexington and Natural Bridge. A small woods separates the cottage from the owner’s home, located conveniently just up the hill. Aside from that, you have total privacy with no neighbors in sight, only the llamas and abundant wildlife. Applewood Cottage is a premier Lexington, Virginia Lodging.
- Romantic and private enough for honeymoons and anniversary getaways.
- Child and dog friendly, perfect for families.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- Full in ground pool open Memorial Day through early September.
- 35 acres of woods and fields to explore and llamas to watch on the hillside.
- A visit with the llamas can be arranged and is included with stays of three or more nights.
- Spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
” Thank you for an amazing time at your property. It was beyond our expectations! Your cottage was magnificent and we are in awe. My 22 month old daughter felt at home right away. It was a great escape from the busy life of Boston. We loved the breathtaking views and the serenity of the place. We will miss the llamas and your dog Ginger; my daughter had a blast interacting with them.”